Sunday 16 February 2014

Spoke Key Review

I've built a number of wheels before and well as renovating used wheels and I've gained an appreciation of what makes a good spoke key.  I've been using the SW-7 standard park tool spoke key for a number of years and then I discovered the SW-20.  The SW-7 is great  for general purpose but there is a point within wheel building where the nipple gets tight on the spoke as the tension increases and that extra leverage and control is required.  This is where the SW-20 is brilliant, although it is only one size (0 on the SW-7) its very comfortable in the fingers when making adjustments.  Recommended.


The SW-10 tool is more about turning stuck nipples without destroying them.  I've only use it on one spoke which seemed to work.  There is a wheel at spindles which is waiting for the treatment,  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Counter

Followers

Contributors